Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rock shows, Homeless people, and apartment hunting

Hey all. I know, it's been a while. Again.

So, I just want to say that I went to Lauren's (lalalalauren) solo show tonight, and it rocked. Yes, I'm a groupie, so I'm bias, but still, I felt it was a great show and a wonderful start to a solo career. I filmed 90% of it on her camera, so keep your eyes on her blog the next few days and you should see some awesome songs.

After the show, we were standing outside saying goodbye -We didn't know there was a cover to see the band Lauren opened for, and we didn't have any cash on us. I felt kinda bad, cause we bailed on the other band, but they didn't exactly advertise. I mean, if we had to buy $3-5 worth of drinks at the bar, that would be one thing, but still. - Anyway, we were outside and this really loud black (Yes, racist. I know. But my Uncles are black, so lay off me.) gentleman comes across the street toward us. The closer he got, the more I could smell booze, and smoke. He starts to walk past us, with a cheerful 'Hello', so I'm like, ok, this is just a harmless bum, lets move along. But then he turns and starts talking. And talking, and talking and talking. Chad is grinning, Lauren is all freaking out (you were, don't lie.), and Ryan has his "you're a freak but I pity you so here's a fake smile." look on his face. So the guy, who called himself 'Floyd', was pretty much picking on Ryan, since Ryan kept edging away from him. Lauren's trying to get back inside and bring Ryan with her, but then Floyd steps up toward Lauren, who takes three steps back.

Which causes Floyd to start in on Lauren. Go figure. But we get Lauren and Ryan inside. And then what does my Husband do?

He talks to the guy. And they talk and talk and talk and talk.

Finally we get away, but it was interesting to hear the drunk guy talk. Pretty intelligent, but he rambled like no other.

In other news, We're apartment shopping again. The hole in our wall is still there. They just got the insurance lady out to look at it, so hopefully they'll fix it soon. We're still going to move though. 1 bedroom just is not enough space for all our stuff.

So, we're looking at 2 bedrooms. Or 3 bedrooms, if I want to do massage out of our home. Which isn't a bad idea, I just don't foresee getting too many new clients that way. Would save a lot on gas and time though.

Oh, we got a car, for those following that aren't facebook friends. (Which is no one) 05 PT Cruiser.

So yes, busy with apartment shopping and trying to clean the current apartment.

I'll try and post sometime within the next few days. I have a few rants ready to be posted.

Later y'all.

Love ya.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks girl. So glad you and Chad were able to make it! And thanks again for grabbing that video footage - it should be on my blog soon.

    So sorry about Floyd The Acronym Man.
    "What's yo name? Spell it! Slower! Spell it slower!"

    Haha. Anyway...
    Good luck with apartment hunting!

    ReplyDelete